The Statement of Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality is an expanded statement from the Statement of Faith and is an essential foundation for our ministry and the services we provide. We believe:
- We believe that God created each person as male and female, biologically determined at conception. These two are distinct yet complementary genders that together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity regardless of their position and beliefs that may differ. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the beliefs of the Christian Adoptions Alliance.